Our main aim is to give importance to development of knowledge, nurturing the children true to their potential and encourage the creativity in learning. Hence our pedagogy is aimed at holistic development of child with strong basic formation of education at early years. To achieve our vision, strong academic activities have been designed and implemented in the school.
School is offering the following programmes
A. Nursery School Programme
B. Primary and Secondary school programme
A. Nursery School Programmes
Foundation to education starts at this level with perfect age appropriate curriculum and using innovative methods of teaching. Nursery education is mainly by Montessori Method of teaching. In addition to Montessori, other integrated learning approach is also followed. Nursery education is in 3 stages.
i.e. Montessori – 1 (Pre –nursery – for children of age group between 2 ½ to 3 ½ years
Montessori – 2 (LKG) - for children of age group between 3 ½ to 4 ½ years.
Montessori – 3 (UKG) – for children of age group between 4 ½ to 5 ½ years
It is known fact that Montessori Method of teaching is adopted world wide as it is the best method of teaching the children at their early years. Under this system students allowed to learn while working with materials & models. Fundamentally it is a model of “Human development” which gives importance to development of emotional, intellectual, physical & social skills in a child. Our nursery curriculum mainly focuses as follows:
• Promoting innate abilities, sensory/motor skills, cognitive skills in children
• Language development (spoken & written)
• Basic mathematics
• Skill development
• Incorporative active learning
• Providing opportunities for investigation, exploration & discovery
• Encourage a positive self concept
• Promoting creative expression
• Fostering positive interaction with others
• Developing quality work habits & school routines
Integrated Approach of learning
We follow mainly Montessori Method of teaching for Montessori -1 children. For Montessori -2 & 3 children Montessori Method and also other integrated learning approach is followed.
Compulsory English language is used as means of communication. As a language policy M-1 & M-2 students are taught only English subject both oral & writing. Only at M-3 level basics of second language concept is introduced.
Assessment & Evaluation of Nursery children
Student are assessed though oral and written tests. Periodic tests are conducted every month on various learning aspects like speaking skill, listening skills, writing skill, mathematical skill and language development skill etc., Assessment also done on co-curricular activities. Consolidated grade will be awarded at the end of academic year.
B. Primary & Secondary School Programmes
The School is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. All the norms prescribed by CBSE are scrupulously followed.
The following Guiding Principles enshrined in National Curriculum Framework have been the core concern of the school in providing the curricular experiences in the school.
• Connecting knowledge to life outside the School
• Ensuring that learning is shifted away from rote methods
• Enriching curriculum so that it goes beyond Text Book
• Making Examination more flexible and non-threatening
• Building commitment to democratic values of equality, justice, secularism and freedom.
In all the activities of the school, the focus is on the child as an active learner. Therefore, the following principles enunciated in NCF-2005 have been kept in mind for a child centric education
1. Primacy to children’s experience, their voices and participation
2. Needs for adults to change their perception of children as passive receiver of knowledge
3. Children can be active participants in the construction of knowledge and every child come to with pre-knowledge
4. Children must be encouraged to relate the learning to their immediate environment
5. Emphasizes that gender, class, creed should not be constraints for the child
6. Highlights the value of Integration
1. Languages: Three language formula is implemented. Focus is on all skills and the aim is to make students good communicators. English is offered as first language. Kannada and Hindi are offered as the second and third language according to the options exercised by parents and children.
2. Mathematics: Teaching of Mathematics to focus on child’s resources to think and reason, to visualize abstractions and to solve problems.
3. Sciences: Teaching of science to focus on methods and processes that will nurture thinking process, curiosity and creativity.
4. Social Sciences: Teaching for promoting thinking process, decision making and critical reflection.
(In classes I to V, Environmental Science is taught which includes both science and Social Science)
5. Information and Communication Technology: Students are exposed to computer literacy right from class I. Progressively, they acquire advanced knowledge and skills with the use of computers
A variety of experiences and exposures are provided through interesting learning environments for the development of life skills. Starting from the morning assembly activities to the well designed co curricular activities, the following skills are developed.
• Creative and Critical Thinking Skills,
• Interpersonal Skills,
• Effective Communication Skills,
• Problem-Solving and Decision Making Skills,
• Conflict Resolution Skills,
• Collaborative Skills,
• Leadership Skills,
• Self Esteem,
• Empathy and Dealing with Emotions
• Coping with Stress
Assessment and Evaluation
Continuous and Comprehensive evaluation is followed as per the policy of CBSE. Evaluation is carried out along with teaching and not as a yearend activity. Formative Assessments which are threat free and informal are carried out throughout the year. Four Formative Assessments and two summative Assessments are considered for evaluation purposes. The evaluations are comprehensive by way of considering both scholastic and co scholastic areas. The performance of students in playground and fine arts are also assessed and recorded.